So Gio and I have decided to head back to school! I never imagined that this would happen and I've been telling myself that I would never go back but I enrolled and it's official!
It all started this summer when a couple of my co-workers were signing up for fall classes and talking about how many credits they had. I brought up the fact that I had went to school for 4 years and I and still no degree. We looked up my credits and I had 121 and most degrees only need about 126. My friend Maddie ripped me a new one and told me that I was completely stupid if I didn't finish. I started thinking about it and she was right. I went and talked to an advisor and because I had only taken a couple of upper-level courses I would need about 45 credits to graduate with a bachelors in psychology.
Realistically that could be done in 3 semesters maybe 4 if I don't pass so that is what I'll be doing for the next year! I decided that doing it now while we are still childless would be best.
Gio talked to me about going back about 6 weeks ago. He really wanted to take some photography and business classes so that he could do his own photo shoots and better the business. He asked me if it would be a good idea of he went part-time at the school and focused more on the business and going to school. I think it will be a great thing for him to be able to spend more time at the salon, get his education to better the buisness and himself. The great thing about it is that he will be only working 2 days a week at the school, going to school 3 days a week, and working more hours at the salon and he will be making more money than if he didn't go to school at all. He recieved the GI Bill from the military so his school will be paid for and he will be getting a cost of living check each month so that he can focus more on school work! We are both a little nervous to get back into the school thing but also very excited. I think that it will give us something better to focus on besides our jobs that we both love so much right now! Wish Us Luck!






4 comments:
Good for you Sherron and Gio! You are right, now is the time, you will never regret it!
I think it's great that you are going back to school. Robert is starting school in January at UVU to be an Elementary School Teacher. So we have 4 years to look forward to, with 2 kids! It's very smart to get that done before the kids start coming!
We are so proud of you guys! It is not easy going back to school. We just love you so much! Good luck!
HA HA! I'm so proud you did! And i'm proud that my crazy ranting and raving actually inspires people every once in a while! ha ha Good job guys!
Post a Comment