Since Gabi had her surgery on her ears 2 weeks ago she has been doing sooo many new things! I am amazed at what a difference the tubes have made and I am so glad that we were able to get them taken care of before we had to deal with infection after infection.
Literally the day after surgery Gabi started getting on her knees more and more and even started to crawl a few steps. She also started sitting up on her own and is a pro at it now! She likes to push herself up with her hands and toes too, (like downward dog pose in yoga) she looks at her feet and then usually pushes her self to a sitting postition!
She has been looking under things like the couch to look for lost toys and loves climbing under legs, chairs, or anything that looks difficult! She is determined to get where she wants!
She started drinking Whole milk and is doing awesome drinking her bottles better than ever. I think the pressure behind her ears made it really hard for her to really suck down a bottle before without taking lots of breaks in between. She has also been drinking out of her sippy cups alot better and even holding it on her own. she hasnt quite got the concept of tilting it back to get it to come out so i have to help her a little but if its not very full.
She has started pulling herself up to furniture and loves standing in her crib. It has become a problem because she doesnt want to take her naps or go to bed and she will stand at the side of her crib throwing tantrums... this has been a little hard for me and has really tested my patience a few times! 
Gabi went through a phase for about a week that she would pucker up her lips to give you kisses. It is seriously the cutest thing ever! It melts my heart everytime she does it! I think we wore her out asking her to do it so much that now it is harder to get her to do it... it is right up there with the pouty lip!
She has a new favorite game that she likes to play with herself and it is pretty entertaining to watch her crawl all over the house literally playing fetch with herself! She finds a ball or a small toy that she can roll or throw easily and with push it and chase after it. it entertains her for quit a while!
She also loves finding open doors to swing back and forth and playing with the door stoppers, it is usually in the bathroom and she usually gets stuck in there because she has shut the door completly and can't get out!
She makes funny faces at herself! its so funny to watch her! she also kisses herself!
One other thing that Gabi is super interested in right now is her reflection, anywhere she can see herself she is happy! The refridgerator, the overflow drain in the tub, her Snail toy that has a mirror on it, and the Glass doors on the entertainment center seem to be her top few places!
One of Gabis top front teeth broke through last week... it went back in but it has been bugging her for over a week. I wish the dang thing would just come out already so she will eat better and not get so cranky!
Gabi has never paid much attention to the TV and I never really thought that it may be because she wasnt hearing it well. Since her tubes were put in I have noticed her stop and watch the TV and really pay attention to it. I decided to put on Mickey Mouse one day gave her a bowl with some snacks in it and she watched it while eating her snacks for 30 mins! Im pretty sure the food has something to do with it but either way I will take it! She doesnt sit still all day! she is usually right at my feet tugging on my pant legs!
The last thing I have noticed is that she has been clapping her hands together with Gio and I. She has clapped her feet together for a while now which is so funny! she looks like a little monkey! But she started doing it with her hands too and she gets so happy when we all do it together!
(I havent captured the clapping on camera yet so here is one of her reading a book. also something she is becoming more and more interested in!)
I am so happy with the results I have seen and the progress that she has made in such a short time. Mary our early intervention therapist was so excited today to see how many new things she has been doing! When she was over last gabi wanted nothing to do with most of the things that she has started doing so it was a big surprise today! I love watching her learn and grow every day, she is such smart little thing with a mind and will of her own!
August 2012
13 years ago





1 comments:
Can't believe how fast time is flying by! Shes such a cutie pie, thanks for sharing
Post a Comment