The Scott Family

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

~ Easter 2011 ~

I LOVE EASTER!!! It's almost as fun as Chritmas! and of coarse the real meaning of both holidays are very dear to me. I have felt the atoning sacrifice of our savior so many times in my life but I especially feel it when I look back at what we have been through this past year. It gives me such comfort and stregnth knowing that he knows my fears, my sorrows, my joys, and my pain. There is no one that knows how I feel more than him and I know that I can go to him with anything no matter what. I feel so blessed to have an Angel in my home who also gives me stregnth and the will to always try harder, and be the best that I can be. Last Easter Gabi was still in the hospital so we missed out on all the fun but we did get some good Easter pictures of her in a bunny outfit!

Gio has never really had an Easter celebration tradition so he was really apposed to the bunny costume in the hospital until he saw how stinkin adorable she was in it! I think that this is still one of his favorite pictures of her!
Usually every Easter we do what we call "Eastering" which is basically a hot dog roast in the mountains with potaoto salad, Mac Salad, cupcakes, and much much more. we have been horse back riding, fourwheeling, and shooting in the past. This year it was really cold, I wanted to go but Gio was working and taking Gabi out in the cold by myself didnt sound to fun... the only brave ones to actually go was my sister Shyann and her family, they roasted hot dogs in the snow! no thanks! I really wanted to do something though so my sister Brittany and her Fiance Dakotah came over and we colored Easter Eggs! It was so much fun and we got some really creative eggs!

Britt and Dakotah

Gio thought that coloring eggs would be dumb... he had the most fun I think! he is holding up his self portrait egg!

This is the finished product! it was perfect until he bumped me and blue dye tipped over all over his egg face... He screamed out.. "My Egg!!!!" he was so concerned about his egg being ruined that he didnt care about the blue dye running all down the table and onto the floor! Dakotah laughed so hard because he had never seen Gio move so fast to pick up his egg!

The finished product! We gave most of them away cause we could never eat 3 cartons of boiled eggs by ourselves if we tried!


I was in charge of the cupcakes to take to the family party this year... the Neon food coloring is awesome! I love how bright and cheery they turned out! Bring on Spring!!

This year we didnt have a lot of money to spend on an Easter Basket and a new Easter Dress so I used a dress that she had never worn that my Grandma had given me for my baby shower, I think it worked perfect! We regifted her birthday sandals, and filled her easter eggs with gerber treats and goldfish! She didnt know the difference and she had a great time with the eggs and grass! Everything else I got on sale really cheap and I filled the basket really full with grass so it isnt as full as it looks!


She Loved shaking the eggs!

and playing with the Easter grass!

Giving Mom and Dad Kisses!

She discovered the treats in the eggs!

"YEEEESSS!"

Ready in her "new" Easter dress! She looked so cute!

Look at how cute her shoes are! They are still so tiny and they look so cute on her little feet!

I LOVE this picture of her giving Gio kisses! She looks like Terk the gorilla giving her daddy gorilla kisses!

This is my nephew Dominic.. what a cute little bunny he makes!

Easter Egg hunt!


Yeah for pink eggs!

Ready set goooo.... There were so many eggs!


It was sooo cold!


Checking out all their eggs!



The Duck Waddle! They had to run with a balloon between their legs! The winner won a dollar... Jace held his balloon between his legs and took off! When he "won" he put is hands in the air doing his victory dance and yelling "oh ya, oh ya, oh ya!!!" it was so funny!

This is the Easter Egg rolling contest! whoever made it to the bottom first won!

We also did a Easter Bunny coloring contest! They all won on this one in some way and when we were done the boys wanted to know who the "real" winner was! They are some competitive kids!


She was so so tired by the end of the day...




WE had a really good weekend overall and I can't wait till next year! Gabi will be able to run with the best of them and maybe understand what is going on a little bit more! HAPPY EASTER!!!

0 comments: