The Scott Family

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Birthday Present.... I Hope!!!!

So Gio and I have really been contemplating on whether or not we should buy a house this year. There are awesome incentives like the low interest rates, and the potential $14,000 We could get back from the government for FREE! We have been looking just for fun and I keep going back and forth on whether I would like a house or a condo/townehouse. I like the idea of both. With a house you have a yard, and you can do whatever you want to it. But the houses in the price rage we want to spend are tiny, old, and I would want to redo everything... so they wouldn't be in the price range I want anymore! With a condo/townehouse I don't have to take care of a yard and all the outside matience and I still have the luxary of painting and remodeling the inside if I choose to. Working at Home Depot designing Kitchens I have grown to have very expensive taste and If it doesn't look good, or if it looks cheap I don't like it! It's horrible I know. It also doesn't help that I am married to a man with Higher taste than me... He just doesn't know as much about houses as I do.

So today Gio and I decided to go take a look at some new Condos in Springville. They are really close to the freeway (which is good) and also Wal-Mart (which may be good or bad! we like to spend money when we go there..) I really like them They did a good job with the kitchen, which I am most picky about because I know how much it is to remodel. It is three bedroom, two bath and has alot of upgrades. The best part is that is only $155,000 and I wouldn't have to remodel anything! I really like it the way it is, paint and all! I don't want a huge payement and I want something new because I don't trust people. I think that it would be a great starter home for us and its big enough for at least 2 kids! The only thing I would change is the living room is a little small but there are so many other things that I Love that I can't complain. This place is Luxary compared to my ghetto apartment now! Here are a few pictures so you can see... and the website is www.grasslands.us if you want to see the floorplan and some other pictures...






There is a list a mile long of reasons why I want to buy this place sssooooo bad... Let me know what you think and if you think it is a good idea....
Here are just a few reasons...

1. I would have a dishwasher!
2. I would have a fridge that would be big enough to fit my groceries, and that wouldn't leak water and then freeze everything.
3. I would have a countertop big enough to actually prepare food!
4. I would have a washer and dryer!!!
5. I would have neighbors I can actually talk to!
6. Gio and I would have our own sink to use in the morning
7. There is an extra toilet so we can both use the bathroom at the same time!
8. We could have a BBQ to use (There is a private Balcony!)
9. There is Central Air and Heat... No more portable AC'S!
10. Assigned Covered Parking...
11. No More Loud Mexican music waking me up on Sunday mornings... I hope!
12. Extra Storage
13. New carpet... Ours is really gross
14. Big Bedrooms!
15. I can fit a Kitchen Table!

The List goes on and on and on... I could go on for hours but at least you know where I'm coming from! I really want to buy it but we'll see. I'm also a little scared... You never know what could happen. Its a big step and for us it may be a Leap! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! That place is so nice!!! and so cheap! I love the kitchen.

Robinsons said...

It looks really nice, Jared knows a couple of people that live there. Good luck! :)