Valentines Day has never been a holiday that I have cared too much about. I think its great to show love to the people you care about most but I also feel like it is a holiday that many people expect a lot and when it doesn't live up to their expectation they are disappointed. I never expect Gio to get me anything on Valentines day. The first valentines we spent together we both went all out buying flowers, teddy bears, chocolates, going out to dinner etc. By the end of the night we were both out of money, neither one of us really wanted the dumb little gifts we wasted our money on and it was way to busy to really have a relaxing romantic date. we decided from then on we wouldn't ever do that again! We do usually make a point to go on a date the week of valentines and spend time with one another. It makes it so much better! This year we went out on Monday night. We left early and we were done with dinner at The Art City Trolley by 5pm! Afterward we headed over to the Mall and did some shopping for Gabi's birthday next month. I wanted to help me pick some things out and have some input on what we actually get her because I usually just do it and tell him later! Ha ha! We ended the night at Cold stone where a nice women handed me a coupon for free ice cream! Made my whole night! It was a great night. When we got home I gave Gabi her Valentine, New Minnie Mouse PJ's! I love the 2 piece button up PJ's she looks so cute in them!!
Gio had to work ALL day on Valentines and Gabi had a Speech Therapy appointment that afternoon so our day went on like any other day. I was given this cute heart outfit as a hand me down from a friend so I thought it was only appropriate to be a little festive even if we just stayed home all day!
I sang to her all day "My little Valentine Has the Sweetest Smile" and she thought it was so funny, she would do a little jig everytime I'd sing it and it made my day!
Since Gio was working I thought that I would make him dinner and go and see him at work. I also made him some chocolate covered strawberries that were Delicious! I used Symphony bar chocolate and they were heaven!
Gabi Giving Kisses! She was supposed to give them to Gio but Gave them to me instead! ;)
Opening our gifts from each other... I gave him a card... and he did the same for me! That was all I needed!
Gio Gave Gabi Balloons! One is a monkey... very fitting for Gabi!
Gio hand made my valentines card! It took him 2 hours and it meant a lot to me! He doesn't give me cards very often so when he does i cherish them, and this one is even better because it was hand made!
I love my 2 Valentines! I asked Gio if he felt bad that we don't go all out like some people do on valentines day and he told me.... "babe every day is valentines day when I'm with you and Gabi, that's all I need!" I feel the same way I guess we were made for each other! ha ha!
I hope that whoever reads this posts realizes that Valentines Day is a day to celebrate the ones you love. Its not a day to feel sorry for yourself because your significant other didn't give you elaborate gifts or to make others aware that you are single. We should show our love to everyone we hold dear to our hearts, all it takes is a simple I love you! I feel very blessed to be loved by these two and everyone else that cares about me in my life. My world revloves around them and I cant imagine living life without them! I love you Gio and Gabi! Happy Valentines Day!





2 comments:
I couldn't agree more! I just adore Gabi! She is such a sweet heart and so beautiful!
I completely agree with you about Valentines Day. We actually don't do anything and it is nice to spend a relaxing night at home when the rest of the world is going crazy out there! We celebrate our Love everyday and give special gifts at random throughout the year. That to me is a better!
Also Gabi is SO Adorable! I love her Cute smile!
Post a Comment