The Scott Family

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Dominic!

This cute little boy is my nephew Dominic! He turned 1 on July 29 and was baptized the next day. I had never experienced a Catholic baptism before and it was a little different than what I am used to but I'm glad that we were able to support him on his big day! How adorable is he!

My sister-in-law Ischia and Dominic waiting for his turn! (there were so many little kids being baptized that day it was crazy!)

Family photo!

Dominic's turn! I thought it was a little strange to be taking pictures in the middle of it, I felt weird about it so Gio took them instead! Everyone else was doing it too, which in a way was distracting. But again it was something I wasn't used to! Mormon baptisms are so quiet I felt like we were doing something wrong the whole time!

I don't know the entire meaning of lighting the candle, mostly because everything was in Spanish, which is another reason why I was distracted and didn't know what was going on. But Gio mentioned that it has something to do with the light of Christ... I don't remember much else!
Gabi and Grandpa Tomas

I love that Dominic is walking because he is still so little! I think he is doomed to be short for the rest of his life!

Auntie Sherron and Dominic! He loves me! HAHA! He runs to me every time he sees me and wants me to pick him up, I don't blame him, I am pretty awesome! ;)

My family with Dominic, he is 5 months younger than Gabi and they are such good friends already! they love playing with each other!

Grandma and Grandpa Scott

Dominic's Race-car Birthday cake!

He grabbed the cake and the black frosting dyed his hands!


After the baptism we went to the park for lunch and Birthday cake! It was a great day! Even though I didn't understand every thing that went on and it was something I wasn't familiar with I am glad I was able to share this experience and capture the pictures for Dominic to look at someday. I think it is so important to be a part of things like this and it only helped me grow and understand them a little bit more. I think it is important to respect others and their beliefs, I have always had the same respect given in return from my in-laws. We may not always agree on things or have the same belief system but family is family no matter what! Happy Birthday Dominic! We Love You Lots!!!

0 comments: